HWPS Gr 1/2 Learning Hub

A place to share our learning

The Year 1 and 2 Movie/sleepover combo!

on November 15, 2016

On Friday night all of the Year 1 and 2 students were treated to a movie with pizza and popcorn thrown in too. They all settled down in the Foundation area for a special presentation of ‘Over the Hedge’. The Year 2 students had a spectacular sleepover to prepare them for camp next year while the Year 1 students went home after the movie. It’s fair to say that the students had a great night from the quotes below!

“I like how the teachers set it up because they put lots of balloons up to make it look exciting and special.”- Nicholas

“I loved how the boys had their own room. I got to get to know some other boys I didn’t know too well.” – Lucas

“I loved how the teachers said we can come and see them at any time if there were any problems.” –Lulu

“I loved the movie because most people had not seen it.”- Harrison

“I loved getting the popcorn”- Dillon

“It’s a good chance to spend time with your friends from other classes.”- Carrie

“I can’t believe I actually enjoyed waking up at school on a Saturday morning!” -Lulu

“My favourite part was when Lulu woke up Nicole at 3 a.m. and told her a maths sum”- Maria and Gemma

Teachers were very proud of all the students and how the evening demonstrated how connected, confident and resilient they can be.

A special shout out to Glenys, Will, D’Arcy, Melissa and Kristine who supported the Grade 1 and 2 teachers on the night (and morning!) and enabled this event to take place. Thanks to Ainslie and Nicole for organising a memorable night for our students.

The Year 1 and 2 teachers

Claire, Nicole, Lee, Ainslie and Eliza

img_0003 img_0008

img_0010 img_0005

img_0015   img_0011

img_0025 img_0026 img_0035 img_0016 img_0017 img_0019 img_0022

You must be logged in to post a comment.